Thursday, February 10, 2011

Abstract art is only painting. And what’s so dramatic about that? There is no abstract art. One must always begin with something. Afterwards one can remove all semblance of reality; there is no longer any danger as the idea of the object has left an indelible imprint. It is the object which aroused the artist, stimulated his ideas and set of his emotions. These ideas and emotions will be imprisoned in his work for good… …You cannot go against nature. She is stronger than the strongest of men. We can permit ourselves some liberties, but in details only.
Pablo Picasso

I just wanted to share some profound quotes from one of my favorite found/object artists and I appreciate how it relates to my vision as well. One must realize that when I began my journey as an artist I never had a clue what has been done...by who?.....much less  why? That's why it's always refreshing to hear words and thoughts from these icons of art.
See the Assemblagist Live Streaming Music/Video in HD!
http://richardjhinger.com/studio-cam
RJH

No comments:

Post a Comment